Sasquatch is usually rather shy, running off when spotted or if a camera comes out. It is not known to be vicious, not known to prey on humans as food sources, but there have been reports of people kidnapped by Sasquatch who later escaped to tell the tale.
Things known about Sasquatch:
1. Walks on 2 legs.
2. Stands anywhere between 6’ and 10’ tall.
3. Weighs around 500 pounds.
4. Gets its name from the footprints it leaves behind – close to 2’ long and 8” wide.
5. Master of stealth. No human or animal moves as quickly and quietly through the woods as Sasquatch.
6. Expert “hide & seek” player. Sasquatch hides well in the thickly forested areas of British Columbia.
Sasquatch sightings include:
1. In 1864, Alexander Caulfield Anderson, a Hudson Bay Company fur trader and explorer, and his party were attacked by hairy humanoids who stood on a cliff and threw rocks down at them where they stood in the Fraser Valley Canyon.
2. In 1911 at Harrison River a fisherman spots a large hairy creature drinking from the river. The creature ran off when it realized it had been seen and left behind 17” footprints.
3. In 1933 at Pitt Lake, two men using binoculars spot Sasquatch eating berries.
4. In 1957 near Hope a truck driver saw a large hairy creature vault over a fence and then head towards the Fraser River.
5. In 1970 near Harrison Hot Springs, Keith Shepard sees an 8’ tall Sasquatch cross the road in front of his car.
6. In 1986 a family on vacation in Granite Creek feels something heavy slam into their cabin. They saw a large Sasquatch-like creature run off into the trees, leaving behind footprints measuring 17” long and 6” wide.
7. In 1997 Wayne Oliver video tapes a possible Sasquatch near the Fraser River at Hope.
8. In 2004 BCTV reported two women driving near Tofino narrowly missed hitting a Sasquatch that stood in the road in front of them refusing to budge until other cars approached, scaring it off.
9. In 2013 Global News reported a group of Chinese tourists saw Sasquatch and took photos and video.
10. In 2014 Global News reported a video shot near Whistler might be Sasquatch moving effortlessly through deep snow in a remote area.